Dental flaws affect everything you do from having a pleasant conversation with friends or colleagues, showing off a radiant smile with boosting confidence to simply chewing food. Going through daily life with missing teeth in your mouth is frustrating. It is both a cosmetic and health-related problem that can easily go away with the right treatment: Dental Implants.
At SDC Dental Smile Clinic, we place great emphasis on the consultation, diagnosis, treatment planning, overall integration and follow-up phases of the treatment just as much as we do on the implant surgery. Our exceptional team of dental experts and surgeons are available to take care of your dental health every step of the way.
If you are planning to get your Dental Implants in Turkey, then SDC Dental Smile Clinic is one of the best choice there is
Dental Implants in Detail
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots in the form of screws placed in the jaw bones to restore the functional and aesthetic deficiencies caused by missing teeth.
These dental roots are made of titanium, a material that is highly compatible with the human body. Following the implanting procedure, a dental prosthesis (crown/bridge/denture) is applied on the titanium screws.
This treatment, which has an exceptionally high rates of success, does not interfere with the neighboring teeth, as in traditional dental bridging applications.
How Many Dental Implants Do I Need?
Dental implants can be used to replace any number of teeth depending on your specific needs. We can replace a single tooth or go for a full dental restoration procedure.
But, in determining how many dental implants you will need the width of your missing teeth area will be instrumental.
What to Expect During My First Visit to the Clinic?
Your first visit to the clinic involves a consultation session with your dentist. A detailed medical examination is carried out and a comprehensive dental treatment is planned by taking a three-dimensional image of the jawbone, i.e. a dental volumetric tomography (CBCT), prior to the implant procedure.
Millimetric measurements are taken to determine the length and diameter of the dental implant to be placed. The most ideal upper structure is designed in terms of dental aesthetics and health and then the modeling process is completed.
The entire procedure can be completed in one or two phases:
- In one-stage? procedures; the implant can be immediately topped with a temporary crown, sometimes under appropriate conditions even with an immediate crown.
- In two-stage procedures; the dental implant is enclosed with the gum tissue and is allowed to heal. Dental prosthesis is applied after the healing process is finalized.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Dental Implant?
Dental implant procedure is a surgical operation under local anesthesia and the process takes an average of 10-15 minutes per implant. This duration may be prolonged in patients who require some additional bone procedures.
This operation may be performed under general anesthesia in some cases, depending on the patient's preference and your dentist's recommendations.
Exactly When Can I Get My New Teeth?
It is normal procedure to give the implants an average of three months to integrate with the bone. Depending on circumstances including the patient's age, the condition of the maxillary bones, whether the patient has systemic disorders like osteoporosis, or whether the patient needs additional bone augmentation (grafting) treatments, the healing period could take up to 5–6 months.
The phase of the prosthesis is initiated after the healing phase is complete. These timeframes have recently been shortened by innovative procedures as All on 4/6 and implants made with new surface technologies; temporary (immediate) dental prosthesis can even be fitted.
Can Everyone Get Dental Implants?
Anyone in good health who has completed the bone development process is a qualified candidate for dental implants.
Since this is a surgical procedure, it may be inconvenient for individuals who have a serious systemic disease, uncontrolled diabetes, or who have undergone radiotherapy or chemotherapy treatment. When cases of severe bone resorption are in question, the dental implant phase is initiated following different procedures that support the formation of the maxillary bones.
It is one of the most critical steps in the treatment process that patients provide information about their general medical history and the medications they use on a regular basis.
Things to Consider After Getting Dental Implants
- Do not consume any solid or liquid products for at least two hours.
- It is normal to have bleeding and mild pain in the form of leakage after the tampon placed by your dentist is removed on the first day. Don't worry about it.
- You can avoid swelling by applying a cold compress to the area where the dental implant is placed.
- Use the medications prescribed by your dentist in the doses prescribed.
- If you are a smoker, please try not to smoke, especially in the first few days after the procedure.
- Keep up with your oral hygiene for dental health during the healing process.
- Visit your dentist at regular intervals to have your check-ups.
Life Expectancy of Dental Implants
So long as you pay due care to your oral and dental hygiene and follow your dentist's instructions, you can safely use your new teeth for many years to come.
How Much Does Dental Implants in Turkey Cost?
First of all, we need to determine whether you are an eligible candidate for dental implant treatment through online consultation process. The costs of dental implants in Turkey vary depending on your specific treatment needs and the number of implants to be used as well as brand of dental implants to be used. We also take into account any additional procedures to be performed prior to implant surgery.
We strongly recommend you contact us to discuss whether you are a suitable candidate for this treatment and to receive detailed information. Please feel free to ask anything on your mind.
Benefits of Getting Dental Implants in Turkey
With thousands of dental implant patients being treated by leading dental professionals at top-tier clinics, Turkey is one of the foremost countries around the world when it comes to providing dental health. Antalya, in particular, is an incredibly popular destination to get dental implants in Turkey. The following are some of the reasons why people travel to Turkey for dental implants:
- Dental patients can receive high-quality treatments at lower prices compared to European countries, U.K., and the United States.
- Take advantage of getting dental implant treatment by professional dental experts.
- You can combine your dental plan with a great holiday in Antalya, one of the best tourist attractions in Turkey.
- You can receive treatment by discussing things in your native language with bilingual experts, just as you would in your home country.
To learn more about dental implant treatment and to schedule a consultation at SDC Dental Smile Clinic, contact us right away.